Payments and Billing FAQs

  • Q: What do I do if my bill has been under or overestimated?
    If you believe that your bill has been under or overestimated, please provide us with a current meter reading.
  • Q: How do I submit meter readings?
    Meter readings can be submitted via the following methods:
    Telephone – 0161 762 7744
  • Q: How are estimated bills generated?  How can I avoid them?
    Estimates are generated based on the annual consumption for your site, as provided to us by the Industry.
    They are issued when we are not provided with an actual meter reading.
    Customers can avoid estimated bills by submitting a monthly meter reading via one of the methods mentioned above.
  • Q: How long do I have to pay my bill?
    A payment due date will be clearly shown on your invoice. Your payments terms will also be outlined on your gas supply contract.
  • Q: What is the current balance on my account?
    Our Customer Portal can show you your account balance. If you have any specific questions about payments and billing, including balance enquiries, you can also contact us on on 0161 762 7744, or to
  • Q: Can I have a statement of my account?
    Yes, we will issue you a monthly Statement of Account. If you would like us to email you a statement please let us know at, quoting your account number.
  • Q: Can you send an invoice to a different address than the supply address?  How do I amend the invoice address?
    Yes, we can issue your invoice to your preferred payments and billing address.  Please email your request to
  • Q: When will my invoice be produced?
    Invoices are produced on the 3rd working day of each month, for the previous month’s consumption. If we have billed you to an estimated reading you can contact us at with an actual read and we will re-bill you.
  • Q: My account is in credit – what happens now?
    When your account is in credit, the amount will remain on your gas account and be used for future payments and billing. Alternatively, you can ask for the credit to be refunded to your bank account. Please send any requests to
  • Q: How can I pay my invoice?
    Payments can be made by cheque, BACS, direct debit or credit/debit card. Setting up a direct debit is our preferred method of payment as it ensures regular, convenient payments and negates the need for us to contact you.
    Please contact us to request a direct debit mandate.
    When making payments by cheque, please quote your account/site number to ensure the payment is correctly allocated.
    Cheques should be made payable to Crown Gas & Power and sent to our postal address. Any remittances for BACS payments should be forwarded to Our bank details for BACS payments are:
    Bank name – Barclays
    Account name – Crown Oil T/A Gas and Power
    Account number – 83504409
    Sort code – 20 69 85
    Credit/debit card payments can be made via telephone, please call us on 0161 762 7744 to do this.
  • Q: Can I change my payment method to direct debit? How?
    You can download a direct debit mandate here.Once completed please return this to and it will be applied to your account. Don’t forget to quote your account / site number on the mandate!
  • Q: Where do I send payments to?
    Please send all cheque payments to Crown Gas & Power, Bury New Road, Heap Bridge, Bury, BL9 7HY. All cheques should be made payable to Crown Gas and Power. Remittances should also be sent to the above address, or via email to
  • Q: I can’t afford to pay my invoice – what should I do?
    Please get in touch with us immediately if you are having difficulty with payments. Our credit control team have lots of experience in setting up payment plans for customers and will be happy to help.

How can we help you?

If you have a question or need some further information please get in touch using one of the options below

Crown Gas & Power
Bury New Road,
Heap Bridge,
Tel: 0161 762 7744

Where to find us...