Q: How do I access my portal?
- If you are an existing customer/consultant it will give you an option to re-register (from the 1st October), where you will then receive an email with instructions – don’t worry it only takes a few minutes. If you are a new customer/consultant you will be emailed a welcome pack with details instructions on what to do next.
Q: I need a tour of the new portal, do you have any documentation?
- Yes! Once you have registered you will see an option at the top of your screen to have a virtual tour.
Q: Where can I see your gas prices?
- Our gas prices depend on the supply quantity requested. To ask for a quote click here. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
Q: Do you offer short term/long term contracts?
- Yes, Crown Gas & Power offer different length contracts, for a quote click here
Q: When is the best time to submit a meter reading to ensure I am billed accurately?
- Meter Readings are to be submitted during the last 5 days of each calendar month.
Q: What happens if I have more than one site?
- Crown Gas & Power can look after multiple sites; we are also able to give you a common end date on all sites and are also able to provide one bill for all your sites.
Q: Do you supply domestic properties?
- We do not currently supply domestic properties.
Q: How can I change my payment to direct debit?
- A direct debit form must be completed and submitted to our credit control team. Direct debit mandates can be downloaded here.
Q: Who is responsible for reading my meter and submitting reads?
- Ultimately the customer is responsible for submitting monthly reads.
Q: How do I submit meter readings?
- You can submit meter readings through our online meter read form. Simply enter your details and our team will process your reading. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 762 7744.
Q: How do I monitor my monthly consumption?
- Our customer portal allows you to monitor your billed energy as well as monitor your daily energy usage if you have an AMR installed.
Q: Will I be invoiced monthly or quarterly?
- Invoices are generated monthly. They are generated at the beginning of each month for the month in arrears.
Q: How do I view my current account balance?
- For any further payment or billing queries not addressed above please contact credit control team on 0161 762 7744 or email us at email@example.com.
Q: How do I make a complaint?
- If there’s an issue with your account or any service we have provided, that we have not resolved to your satisfaction and would like to make a complaint, please let us know.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step one: Raise the complaint with the relevant person in Crown Gas & Power. Call us on 0161 762 7744 (during normal office hours) or email the person direct. If you are unsure who to email then send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that your complaint is passed to the right person and acknowledged within 2 business days. We are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction upon. Should the person you contact be unable to resolve your complaint immediately, they will write to you and advise you of a 28-day timescale for resolution. If we are unable to meet this timescale we will contact you and advise you of a new date for resolution, providing a reason why this change is required.
- Step two: If you are still unhappy with the way we have resolved with your complaint in Step One, or have any ideas on how we might improve our service moving forward, you may ask that your complaint is reviewed by a Senior Manager. You can do this by addressing your complaint to: The Office of the Director, Crown Gas and Power, Crown Point, Heap Bridge, Bury, BL9 7HY. You will receive an acknowledgement, from the Senior Manager appointed by the Director, within 3 working days. The Senior Manager will then reply to your complaint within 28 days. At this stage, if we’re unable to reach a solution you are happy with, we may send you a letter advising of our final position. You can then either accept this outcome, or choose to pursue the matter further through other avenues. Crown Oil trading as Crown Gas & Power is a member of the Ombudsman Scheme and we would signpost you to their services. The Energy Ombudsman is a free and independent organisation that works together with energy suppliers and consumers to reach a satisfactory resolution to their complaints. If you’re not happy with the way we are dealing with your complaint, the Ombudsman may be able to help with your issue and make an impartial decision on the action required.
- You can contact the Energy Ombudsman when: – We send you a letter confirming our final position. You must contact them within six months of receiving this letter if you are still unhappy with the way we have dealt with your complaint. – We have not sent you a final position letter, but at least eight weeks from your initial complaint have passed. You must contact them within nine months of making your initial complaint to us. Please note that to qualify for the Energy Ombudsman’s advice you must: Have an annual consumption of electricity of not more than 100,000 kWh, or gas consumption of not more than 293,000 kWh; ORHave fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent), and an annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €2 millionThe Energy Ombudsman: Energy Ombudsman, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF Telephone: 0845 055 0760 Email: email@example.com. Alternatively, you may wish to use the Citizens Advice consumer service. The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free and independent help and advice to small businesses on energy issues from contract issues to making a complaint or advice if you’re struggling to afford your bills. Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or visit www.adviceguide.org.uk.A copy of our Complaints Procedure can be found here.