Micro Business Criteria
• employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or
• uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or
• uses no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.
If you meet one of the above criteria then every supplier must adhere to the following rules;
- A microbusiness can inform their current supplier that they do not wish to be rolled over into a new supply contract by giving a notice of termination no less than 30 days from the contract end date.
- The termination date and contract end date must be displayed on all invoices.
- Suppliers must include the current prices, new prices, and annual consumption on renewal letters for fixed-term contracts to make comparisons easier.
- Suppliers must take all reasonable steps to acknowledge termination notice within five working days of receipt.