Crown Gas & Power is a business gas supplier to the commercial sector based in Bury, Manchester. We are renowned for our innovative products such as 100% biogas, utility connections and our first-class customer service.
Since our inception in 2001, our people have put all their energy into providing gas to businesses across the UK. We encourage everyone in the business to share their ideas, successes and struggles to help achieve a common goal. Our culture is based around open doors and friendly faces and our people are honest, welcoming and relaxed. We are looking to hire likeminded people to join a friendly, fast growing, customer centric business.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Yearly bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Onsite gym
- Free parking
- Exciting social and team building events
- Wellbeing support
Our Marketing Vision
The Crown Gas & Power brand is instantly recognisable and consistently built into all internal and external communications. Marketing materials, assets and campaigns reflect the vision and values of the company and the service it offers.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be joining Crown Gas & Power as a Marketing Executive at an exciting time for our marketing department. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you will support the vision to drastically progress Crown Gas & Power’s marketing function including brand awareness, employer branding, internal marketing and communication, email marketing, marketing materials, events and sales support.
The marketing department is trusted to proactively promote the services and values of Crown Gas & Power to energy consultants (brokers) and customers – to market us as the supplier of choice for business energy. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate self-starter who has the drive to push forward daily to achieve the shared end goal of the marketing strategy. They must be highly organised with the ability to plan, execute, chase and report on their own projects, including a full social media plan, with the support from the Marketing Manager.
You must be proactive and capable of adapting to business changes and prioritise your workload where necessary. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience in marketing and will thrive in a busy environment.
Responsibilities will include
- Be a brand ambassador and take pride in our style and tone and always be consistent
- Support the Marketing Manager on any marketing campaigns, taking the lead in a selection of campaigns i.e. seasonal promotions, product launches
- Manage the company’s social media profiles and presences, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and any additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Using templates, create a multitude of online and offline marketing collateral, adapting the templates when necessary
- Support the Marketing Manager on event planning and execution
- With strong experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint you will be expected to support the business to create marketing collateral on an ad hoc basis and within tight timelines
- Contribute to the yearly content plan by writing blogs and proactively searching for new content ideas relevant to the gas industry
- Liaise directly with Sales and Siteworks to proactively seek out case study opportunities and take the lead in writing and publishing these online
- Publish weekly blogs and share on social media written by People, Marketing or Regulations Teams
- Support the People Team with onboarding
- Support the Marketing Manager with proofing, ensuring every piece of work sent out by the marketing team is to the best standard possible
- Take the lead on Google/Trustpilot reviews and create internal initiatives to boost them on a yearly basis
- Support on internal marketing campaigns, including charity support and fundraising activities
- Conduct monthly reports on social media and website activity and regularly suggest improvements to the Marketing Manager
Desired Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of WordPress (including basic CSS coding)
- Experience with email marketing (mail merge and Mailchimp)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to proofread at a high level
- Proactive, dedicated, self-motivated and eager to learn
- Desire to take ownership in your own work and time management
- Passionate about branding and style, using the company Brand Guidelines and Content & Style Guide to ensure consistency in all marketing materials
- Highly organised with good time management
Advantageous Skills / Qualifications
- A marketing-related degree including English/CIM qualification
- Knowledge of Adobe packages – Photoshop/InDesign
- Industry experience (training will be provided the for the right candidate)
- Proficiency in web analytics software and keyword tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO analysis and optimisation
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.