To plan, co-ordinate and control the activities of the Meters team to maintain and enhance meter asset manager and customer relationships to meet organisational and operational objectives.
As the Metering Data Team Leader, your main focus will be to lead and motivate your team to ensure they give the best customer service possible. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Meters team whilst monitoring daily workloads. You will also be expected to develop and maintain robust operating and training procedures whilst providing a vital input into the development and growth of the business.
Internally you will build key relationships with the Sales and Customer Experience teams and externally our network of Meter Asset Managers (MAMs).
Motivate, inspire and help the team to surpass their KPIs and performance potential
- Work closely and forge strong relationships with our Meter Asset Managers (MAMs)
- Ensure work quality and accuracy are of a high standard and completed in a timely manner
- Conduct regular one-to-ones and performance review meetings
- Ensure any internal and external queries are resolved quickly
- Assist team members with any queries and problems they are dealing within the business whilst ensuring the company policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Identify any areas of training for the team or wider business would benefit from
- Carry out team meetings and actively participate
- Responsible for the success of all Meter/Smart/Automatic Meter Readers installations, exchanges, removals and asset data flows
- Ensure AMR/SMART installations are in line with industry targets
- Ensure all data sources are aligned and maintained
- Liaise with customers, metering partners, reading agencies, other gas suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve meter and data queries in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure meter reading acceptances are in line with industry targets
- To manage and remedy industry meter reading rejections
- To support the business with its AMR and Smart meter roll out strategy
- Management of the industry/company file flow process
- Management reporting
Desired personal attributes
The ability to effectively self-manage competing priorities and deadlines in a challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team to meet targets on varying timescales
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proactive approach when presented with problems
- Previous experience in the gas or electricity industry would be advantageous
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.